The Fomunyoh Foundation's mission is to undertake charitable causes
that can improve the quality of life of the Cameroonian people,
and to assist and support people and organizations dedicated to
the promotion of democracy and human rights in the Republic of Cameroon.
The Fomunyoh Foundation reachs out to Cameroonians currently
residing in the United States to support and participate in its
programs. Many of the Cameroonian Diaspora are democracy proponents
who are frustrated and disenfranchised by political developments
in Cameroon, and are looking for opportunities to enhance the standard
of living of Cameroonians in the country, and for viable means to
bring about peaceful and meaningful political change in the country.
- Publishes a newsletter to promote civil and informed discourse
among Cameroonians and Friends of Cameroon and to generate ideas
and recommendations for peace and democratization in Cameroon.
- Creates an inventory list of basic needs that could improve
the lives of citizens living in the rural areas, villages and
towns of Cameroon.
- Seeks partnerships with democracy-building and human rights
organizations both in Cameroon and around the world that share
the Foundation's goals.
- Initiates a legal defense fund to provide financial and/or legal
assistance to individuals, such as journalists, who are arrested
or jailed for their views and opinions in defense of democratic
governance and respect for human rights. TFF assists groups
in Cameroon that could have a profound effect on the well being
of impoverished and/or needy citizens, and on democracy and human
rights in the country at both the national and grassroots levels.
TFF focuses on activities such as:
- Civic education and grassroots community programs directed
at women and young people in Cameroon.
- Developing local partnerships with traditional
rulers, women, youth and the population at large so as to
raise their awareness.
- Provide small grants to start-up nongovernmental and civic groups
that are conducting programs in priority areas identified by the
- Provide financial and/or in-kind assistance to needy segments
of the Cameroonian population as recommended by the Foundation's
Board of Directors.